Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm In

I got my 3.5 mile run in with enough time to come home for the PLO8 game of the PokerStars Blogger thingamajig (wow, that word didn't get underlined for spellcheck, weird). I played UBER tight for the first couple levels or so, mostly out of necessity since I had nothing to work with. The most I had were a couple AX hands but I would've been OOP with only average draws.

Finally, I picked up an AA2x sooted hand in decent position, only to get two callers to my raise. Flop was an ugly KQT with one of my suit. I check-called, got a low card of the right suit, and shoved. Ended up against AQQx but nailed my flush on the river to double up.

There's a reason why I gave this blog the title I did.

Got moved to a table with DubsPoke and F-Train. Wavered back and forth with a couple decent drawing hands OOP, then got a decent rush and was about to scoop a couple pots against Dubs. That put me around the 12k mark, good for mid teens, and I basically hovered there for most of the night. A table change put me directly to the right of a loose, aggressive, completely donkish chipleader, who not only played but raised nearly every hand PF, regardless of position. I picked up a small pot off of her to keep my stack decent, but more or less I was on autofold for about an hour.

I went out somewhere in the 40's when I hit trips from the BB in a limped pot. I thought I was clever with my CRAI but instead I was up against trips with a better kicker. Yay me.

Anyways, finishing where I did was really important as it meant I picked up a Step 2 ticket. I probably won't be able to play in the final as I'll be in California visiting friends. Finishing less than 45th would have been a bigger waste of time. Instead, I get the Step 2 ticket for a chance to add to my PS bankroll.

Good luck to all the finalists on Sunday. I'll try to be there but probably won't. Enjoy the chips!

4 Comments:

At December 18, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Congrats for the score, nice job!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Blogger DubsPoke said...

Ftrain was at our table? What was his screen name?

I pretty much freerolled you into the top 72 with my pathetic play. I definitely knew I was over-matched in a PLO8 tourney. Although my PLO8 game is terrible, my tourney strategy was with a big stack was particularly HORRENDOUS. I typically don't get a big stack, especially early so I was definitely a fish out of water (stupid pun intended).

Good luck with the Step 2 ticket and in the final, if you are able to make it!

And thanks for stopping by my blog as well =)

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Blogger OhCaptain said...

Nice job! I'll see you Sunday.

 
At December 20, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Blogger lightning36 said...

The friends can wait. Hope to see you on Sunday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home