Thursday, November 06, 2008

Last Gasp

Warning: Fantasy Football Content ahead.

In the blogger league this week, I made my last attempt at shoring up my WR corp, trading Joseph Addai for Braylon Edwards. I threw in Steve Breaston to ease the other guy's concerns about not having another WR for his lineup this week.

I hated making this trade on so many levels. One, I trade my 1st round pick for an inconsistent WR. Two, my new best WR has essentially a rookie QB throwing to him. But in the end, I had to make this trade for the following reasons.

1. I can only start two RBs, and with T. Jones, Parker, Addai, Dunn & M. Moore, I had to trade a RB to get another WR.

2. Of my three top RBs, Addai has been the least productive. All three have fairly comparable schedules. Addai has the best playoff schedule, but I need to worry about getting there first, so he was the one to go.

3. My WRs before the trade were Holmes, soon to be suspended Matt Jones, Breaston, B. Lloyd and Ginn. So yeah, I needed another WR.

4. Friday was the trade deadline, and there were few trade options. Two owners are already done with the season, and of the rest, I saw few owners who could use Addai and have a WR to trade. I might have lost value giving up Addai and Breaston for Edwards, but realistically, I was desperate and there weren't many possibilities to trade.

In my $100 league, I had an unexpected win, especially with my QB (Schaub) getting hammered against Minn. But, thanks to the leg of David Akers & another awesome showing by the NYG's defense, I sit atop the league in first place....with four other teams. A fucking 5-way tie for first place, although I have the best tiebreakers with the most points + a victory against 3 of the other 4 teams.

This week will be tough. I play the "2nd place" team having to rely on Joe Flacco as my QB (in both leagues, actually) as my other two QBs (Romo & Schaub) are unavailable. I like the matchup against Houston but still, it's a Baltimore QB. I'm not feeling very confident about it.

1 Comments:

At November 10, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Flaco came through! Did you win your match?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home