Friday, October 03, 2008

Quitsville

This time, I mean it....until the next time I start playing poker again. If I had a dollar for every time I quit online poker, well, I don't know how much I'd have, but it'd probably be enough to play on FTP again.

The last time I posted about poker on this blog (a post that was made just days after I quit last time) mentioned that I was back up in the $400 range. Thankfully, I didn't blow all of that. Instead, I pulled out the majority of it to help support myself during this extended unemployment. Once the job situation is resolved, I'll probably redeposit and get back into the swing of things.

Anyways, I left myself about $50 and a couple of tokens but blew through that in a couple of attempts to strike it rich. The closest I came was the $3k O8 game two nights ago, finishing 10 spots out of the money despite being a top 10 stack right before my demise when my low got counterfeited and my overpair was no good for top two pair.

So yeah, that's it for a while. Please continue to stop by for fantasy football posts and the occasional live poker recap, as well as my inevitable return to online poker yet again. I'll try to stay an active blogger despite my online absence. I have the intent to pick up some of my poker books again, so there may be some posts from that; it all depends on how much my laziness gets in the way. But then again, it's not like you come to this blog for strategy anyways, so we'll see.

Finally, despite my wishes, it looks like I won't be able to make an appearance at the blogger gathering in Vegas this year. One, due to the aforementioned employment problems, but even if that gets resolved ASAP, I don't think it's going to create a situation where I can afford a trip like that. But then again, the allure of Vegas is strong, so I won't shut the door on the possibility. Just consider it no more than slightly cracked.

2 Comments:

At October 3, 2008 at 9:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

We come for you Matt!

If we get to meet in December GREAT, if not I understand! ;-)

Good Luck with the job hunt!

Sean / IT

 
At October 7, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

I have a good shirt for you... it's one I got when I was in key west.

It says
"I quit drinking for good."
in smaller caption, it says
"the worst 15 minutes of my life"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home