Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's Time

It's always around this time of year that I start posting from this blog more often. Sadly, it has nothing to do with poker though.

Yes, it's Fantasy Football time.

This year, I'm in four leagues:

1. My standard $100 league that I've been in for several years now, and took first place in last year. You may or may not remember my weekly recaps from last year.

2. A free ESPN league that a former coworker runs. I don't care about this league & didn't make any changes to my lineup after the first game.

3. A Yahoo league with some poker friends from the area. I think I'm still in this, I haven't heard anything since last month.

4. Skidoo's Yahoo League. Schaubs pimped this one to me, and for any bloggers looking for a league to join, I thus pimp it to you. Check out Skidoo's post here for more information. I think we only have 5 right now, so we could definitely use some more players.

Honestly, I haven't done any preparation for any of my FF leagues this year. I'll probably sit down later this week and do some studying, so look for my FF strategy post next week.

......

On the poker front, not much is new. I've blown through most of the $T I won a couple of weeks ago, using them to buy into SNGs. A quick glance shows that I'm probably about even between what I've won from these SNGs and what I could have added to my bankroll if I just converted them outright to real money at 5% commission.

Still donking around at .25\.50 level staked from time to time as well. I've been playing most of these without Holdem Manager; I'm only about 1500 hands deep anyways. Unfortunately, I'm showing a $82 loss so far at this level, although I'd been in the positive if I were to exclude one hand where I lost a buyin at a deepstack game:

Full Tilt Poker Game #7521588602: Table Palos (deep) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:50:21 ET - 2008/08/05
Seat 1: Chaucer11 ($50)
Seat 2: Tarl Cabot ($152.15)
Seat 3: TGalbs ($99.25)
Seat 4: Tilt_Me19 ($50.65), is sitting out
Seat 5: hbeni27 ($34.05)
Seat 6: mclarich ($104.10)
Seat 7: rastarobin ($54.95)
Seat 8: Rodrigo-A1 ($99.50)
Seat 9: Newmy17 ($49.15)
hbeni27 posts the small blind of $0.25
mclarich posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to mclarich [6h 6s]
rastarobin folds
Rodrigo-A1 folds
Newmy17 folds
Chaucer11 folds
Tarl Cabot folds
TGalbs raises to $1.75
hbeni27 folds
mclarich calls $1.25
*** FLOP *** [6c Tc 3c]
mclarich checks
TGalbs bets $3
mclarich has 15 seconds left to act
mclarich raises to $9
TGalbs calls $6
*** TURN *** [6c Tc 3c] [Qh]
mclarich has 15 seconds left to act
mclarich bets $16
TGalbs has 15 seconds left to act
TGalbs raises to $50
mclarich has 15 seconds left to act
mclarich raises to $93.35, and is all in
TGalbs has 15 seconds left to act
TGalbs calls $38.50, and is all in
mclarich shows [6h 6s]
TGalbs shows [Kh Ac]
Uncalled bet of $4.85 returned to mclarich
*** RIVER *** [6c Tc 3c Qh] [7c]
mclarich shows three of a kind, Sixes
TGalbs shows a flush, Ace high
TGalbs wins the pot ($195.75) with a flush, Ace high

......

Sad to say I won't be in the Mookie tonight. I was able to score some Radiohead tickets for tonight's show in Auburn, WA. To mark the occasion, I leave you with some performances from Radiohead that I dedicate to some of you bloggers.

Jamyhawk: Lucky (for the nice run he's on lately)


Instant Tragedy\Buddy Dank: Talk Show Host (LPR represent!)


Schaubs\Pauly: Paranoid Android (for all the stoners)


Waffles (no explanation needed)

1 Comments:

At August 26, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Blogger 23skidoo said...

Thanks for the pimpage!

Good choice of vids, radiohead = one of my faves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home