Thursday, July 31, 2008

From Bad To Good

Tried the Daily Doubles tonight. Went out WAY early in DDA when I lost with a flush to a better flush. Lost in DDB when I couldn't get a fold vs JJ despite A) raising preflop, B) calling IP on an 877, 2 spade board and C) reraising allin when the As hit the turn. Donkey found one of the few times JJ is good against me on that board (naked bluff).

Mookie wasn't going too well either. Tangled with BamBam in a BB vs SB hand. Flopped TP, check-raised when turn gave me a gutshot as well but he min 3-bet then pushed the river with a flush showing. Probably a good laydown, but after seeing him call go to felt with a gutshot of his own, then admitting later he was drunk, perhaps not. Wheels fell off from there despite doubling up through sellthekids with JJ vs KK, went out open-shoving button with 8BB and K3o, ran into Numbette's AQ.

Things picked up from there, and I would eventually get revenge on Numbette in the Dookie. She had the best of me for most of heads up, picking off a bluff with 2nd pair, then getting our chips in the middle when we were pretty much even stacked with 77 vs my 66. Turn was a 6 and I eventually closed it out for my 2nd Dookie win ever.















On a whim, I used a $75 token from last night on one of the FTOPS satellites, Event 15. Flopped a set with JJ vs KK for the second time tonight and rode that stack to victory for entry into my first FTOPS:















Debating whether to stay in the tournament or take the $T and use more wisely. Considering I'm in for only $15 I might as well take a shot at it. My birthday is five days prior - is it too much to ask for a 5 figure birthday gift?

3 Comments:

At July 31, 2008 at 7:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Take the T$ and run!!!

Then enjoy free tourney entires.

:-)

CONGRATS on your Dook!

IT!

 
At July 31, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Blogger lj said...

not too much to ask, but it's my actual bday, so i'm hoping for some good karma and a nice bday gift myself. :-)

 
At August 3, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Blogger lightning36 said...

For only a $15 investment, go for FTOPS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home