Thursday, October 04, 2007

I Hate These Things

Fucking Cayne.

I did one of these already a couple of months back, so I'll try to list something different than before.

1. I work in the corporate office for the Northwest division of a leading national retailer. I won't tell you who, except that it's definitely not WalMart.

2. After toying with the idea of double-majoring in Business Management & Philosophy, I decided that would be pointless and just got the first degree, minoring in the second.

3. A couple of years ago, while hanging out in San Diego, I went with a couple of friends on a side trip to Tijuana. We ended up at a strip club where it only cost $1 to feel the girls up (and I'm not just talking breasts, either). Lap dances were only $10, and one of our friends needed a new pair of pants afterwards. It was at this strip club where, and I will swear this until I die, that at a table by himself, I saw none other than Enrique Iglesias. Dunno what he was doing trolling divey strip clubs in TJ, but I'm positive it was him.

4. Almost two weeks ago, I was diagnosed with type-2 diabetes. I'm taking steps to manage it but it's a long road ahead of me.

5. I'm completely terrified of being dead. Not dying, but being dead. Not existing. Sometimes, my mind will wander, and I'll start thinking about being dead, trying to imagine what it's like (I'm agnostic, so there's not much to imagine). The whole notion that, someday, even this world will ceast to exist, is too much to me to think about, and when I do, I sometimes break into panic attacks.

6. Some favorites of mine: Radiohead, Fight Club, pizza, The Stranger by Albert Camus, Fat Tire, Ireland

7. Almost two years ago, I flew home to AZ for Thanksiving weekend. I had just moved away from Seattle about 5 months prior, so I was excited to see my friends. I got in late Wednesday night & immediately met up with some of my good friends at my favorite bar. We threw back several Irish Car Bombs and other assorted drinks. I'd driven home more intoxicated than I was that night. My friend had just purchased a new Acura speedburner-type car. The last thing I recall before crashing into the telephone pole was trying to take a turn at 35 miles\hr after stupidly trying to drag race someone. Everyone survived except for the car. A couple broken bones, some bruised friendships, $4k out of my own pocket and some time in jail, it's pretty clear that was the worst night of my life.

8. I was at Game 6 of 1993 NBA Finals, Suns vs. Bulls. We had season tickets that year, so I caught all sorts of amazing games (rookie year Shaq bringing down the hoop, brawl vs. Knicks, etc.) I don't remember anything from the game other than Ainge leaving Paxson to double down on Horace Grant, then Paxson sticking that dagger into my heart from 24 feet away. I will never understand why you would leave John Paxson open to double against a layup from Horace Grant. That might have been the second worst night of my life. I'm a diehard Suns fan and I'm wondering if I'm ever going to see a championship in my lifetime.

9. I lived in Arizona all of my life until June 2005. That month I packed as much stuff as I could fit into my 98 Accord and left AZ for Seattle, WA. It wasn't quite as spontaneous as that sounds - I had planned it for about a month & had a job waiting for me, but it was still the riskiest decision I've ever made, and over two years later, it's probably the best one I've made too.

10. People say I look like Brian Posehn, or better yet, "that one guy from that one show". Google it if you don't know who I'm talking about.

Alan, you're up next.

12 Comments:

At October 9, 2007 at 2:41 PM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

I was hoping there was another Alan until I saw the link to my blog... wtf... what is this anyways, 10 things about me or something? So ghey. Is this what I get for beating you HU? RIGGED.

 
At October 9, 2007 at 2:41 PM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Wait... am I retarded for just seeing this???

 
At October 9, 2007 at 4:37 PM, Blogger Matt said...

:)

I just put it up today, it's back-dated because it's been a work in progress.

 
At October 10, 2007 at 9:52 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Very nicely done.

 
At October 11, 2007 at 9:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well done matt.

I especially liked all the odd ones.

Funny how odd that is.

IT

 
At July 11, 2021 at 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for car brisbane
car buyer Melbourne

 
At July 12, 2021 at 1:07 AM, Blogger Max Cash For Cars said...

Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
cash for cars brisbane
cash for cars caboolture

 
At July 12, 2021 at 1:51 AM, Blogger Anayza Feloz said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
Car Wreckers Hobart
scrap car removal

 
At October 9, 2021 at 12:18 AM, Anonymous Ezy Cash for Cars Sunshine Coast said...

Excellent blog and really interesting to read and more informative. If you need any car removal or cash for cars near me service we would be the best option to choose we are always customer-oriented service and we fulfil all the needs for. So don't hesitate to call and know the worth of the cars.

 
At October 14, 2021 at 9:24 PM, Blogger Sell8 - Car Buyers Brisbane said...

Good Article thanks for sharing. Sell8 are one of Queensland’s leading cash for scrap cars, located in Brisbane. Across our three Brisbane scrap yards in Gold Coast, Parkwood, and Geebung, we recycle all types of scrap metals – including scrap cars, unwanted cars, 4x4s, busses, and trucks. If you have a vehicle that needs removing or disposing of, Cash For Cars Brisbane will come and collect your vehicle or vehicle body for free – and offer you cash for cars with free towing anywhere in Bribane!

 
At February 18, 2022 at 4:10 AM, Anonymous Amelia Leo said...

Your article is very interesting to read and that’s perfect now I can do my project thanks to you so much for sharing! Cash for cars is a more trusted company for purchasing old vehicle cash for cars gold coast you want to know ways to sell your car well I have something for you different ways to sell your used car to get most money make money faster

 
At September 23, 2022 at 12:51 AM, Blogger HireCars said...

you always rock. Your content was amazing I must be searched for your articles that are really full of unique words. Thank you so much for sharing. We hire cars we provide rental car services in Dubai. We provide amazing and modern cars for rent at a very responsible price. you can contact us now.
dubai lamborghini rental

 

Post a Comment

<< Home