Wednesday, November 07, 2007

7 Things About Me

Tragedy Edition. Or, why I'm not going to Vegas next month.

1. No moolah. Going to Vegas right weeks before I take a trip to AZ\CA to see family for xmas just isn't going to work

2. No time. Even if I had the money, I don't know that I could find the time to go. I know it's only a weekend, but because it's been over two years since I've last been, I don't know if a weekend would be enough for me.

3. No invitation. I know there's technically no invitation, but I don't know of any blogger that are interested in my attendance. I don't mean that in a woe-is-me kind of way - I just haven't been an active blogger lately, so I'm not really that well known by most that are going.

4. No restraint. Last time I went, I dropped about $1k playing roulette alone. I also dropped spent way too much money at the Rhino on a stripper with nipples that were way too long. I think I'm still recovering from that.

5. No balls. Even if all that wasn't an issue, I don't know if my girlfriend would appreciate me going without her. I told her the next time I went to Vegas, I'd take her with. I'm not wanting to feel the wrath if I revoked that.

6. No roommate. I'm running out of reasons why. I guess I don't know who I'd stay with if I was going.

7. No means no. I don't know what that means. I don't have any more reasons but I didn't want to mess up the cute little "no" theme I had going on.

Poker post goes up tomorrow. Are you excited? I figured you were.

5 Comments:

At November 8, 2007 at 6:59 AM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

This is the biggest garbage I've ever heard of. A) I would love to meet you in person but I figured money might be tight so I never said anything. So, #3 is gone. No time is never an excuse. "Weekend would not be enough for me." I agree. But two days is better than zero days. So, #2 is gone. #4... mmmm, Rhino. I heart Rhino. Ok, so that can stay.

#5... *shaking my head* :)

#6 - if you came, I would be happy to split the room with you, pending my buddy's decision who is currently inclined towards not going.

Boo birds are out. And I thought No means yes...

 
At November 8, 2007 at 7:39 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Alan,

I had to come up with 7 reasons for the ghey little list. The truth is that No.1 is the only reason - I just didn't want to post that 7 times.

In fact, I think you could argue that No. 4 is another reason I SHOULD be going. Roulette + Rhino = Kryptonite for me.

 
At November 8, 2007 at 10:33 AM, Blogger RaisingCayne said...

"Roulette + Rhino = Kryponite" ... hilarious!

I won't give you a hard time Matt, I too can't find the financial means to attend.

However, I WILL give you a hard time for cheating through this "seven things" thing... as it seemed to take me for-effing-ever to come up with my last post. I should've found a way to cheat!

And hey, check your e-mail and get back to me when you can... I just checked mine for the first time in a long time last night, and am gonna shoot you a reply now.

 
At November 9, 2007 at 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, your GF sounds like a butt-head..

 
At November 13, 2007 at 8:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I respect your decision sir. I too was on the negative path once young roulettewalker. But that path is a path to the dark side! If you want to come, then make a consicence decision to come. If you aren't then be with us in spirit...

And start saving your nickles for next year. BECAUSE YOU WILL COME!

It is so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home