Sunday, October 14, 2007

Like A True Blogger

Hooray. This is my 100th post. And like all the others, it's pretty pointless.

I didn't make it through the first hour of the Blogger Championship on PokerStars, which is ok, because if I ended up advancing deep, I'd either bubble or finish just in the prize standings for a nice duffel bag. Instead, I went out in a blaze of glory.

I got decent cards to start with: AQ, AK, and KK, but had to fold them all (went up against AK with AQ, missed with AK, and folded to a bet on an A-high flop with KK). Tried to bluff the good doctor with the hammer, but his reraise let me know he wasn't fucking around.

I had enough of this folding business, so the next time I saw a monster, I took matters into my own hands:

Level III (100/200) - Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: Richmagpies (8075 in chips)
Seat 2: asgawer (9677 in chips)
Seat 3: Strumey (7000 in chips)
Seat 4: Flashodad (9762 in chips)
Seat 5: mclarich (7931 in chips)
Seat 6: drbkrcr (28405 in chips)
Seat 7: Quique (19700 in chips)
Seat 8: pomaikailani (7625 in chips)
Seat 9: pokerkaz (9900 in chips)
mclarich: posts small blind 100
drbkrcr: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to mclarich [2s 7c] (looks like AA to me)
Quique: folds
pomaikailani: folds
pokerkaz: folds
Richmagpies: folds
asgawer: folds
Strumey: raises 400 to 600 (standard cutoff steal)
Flashodad: folds
mclarich: raises 1200 to 1800 (resteal like a good blogger)
drbkrcr: calls 1600 (he's reraised most of his decent pairs, so unless the flop is nasty, I'm coming out firing)
Strumey: folds
*** FLOP *** [3c 2d 4d] (correct me if I'm wrong, but I just hit the nuts)
mclarich: bets 1800 (a weak bet, but I don't think he hit this flop anyways)
drbkrcr: raises 1800 to 3600 (lol minraise)
mclarich: raises 2531 to 6131 and is all-in (live by the hammer, die by the hammer)
drbkrcr: calls 2531
*** TURN *** [3c 2d 4d] [As]
*** RIVER *** [3c 2d 4d As] [Th]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
mclarich: shows [2s 7c] (a pair of Deuces)
drbkrcr: shows [Jc Ac] (a pair of Aces) (WTF?!?!)
drbkrcr collected 16462 from pot

I really don't understand the raise on the flop. The only thing that's going to fold is a pure bluff, and I haven't given him any reason to think I'm bluffing. Putting me all-in is a better play than min-raising me. Why is he trying to build the pot on just a bluff? Plus, he's about a 65-35 underdog based on my range here, my hammer is actually stronger than QQ at this point. But, just as I rep'd the role of a blogger with the hammer, he did the same with his JackAce, and like a good blogger, he sucked out with it.

Congrats to everyone who won a duffel bag and other assorted crap.

3 Comments:

At October 15, 2007 at 7:14 AM, Blogger lightning36 said...

Geez - all in when there are sooo many hands that beat you and you have Ace high? I don't understand that one at all.

 
At October 15, 2007 at 7:18 AM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

The dude must be a blogger...

 
At October 15, 2007 at 1:17 PM, Blogger jamyhawk said...

Freakin' Hilarious. I've said it before and will say it again: Freerolls are BRUTUL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home