Friday, July 04, 2008

Back To Earth (bad beat content)

It's 4am. Pretty much standard for me these days, with no job to worry about. I'd been riding high the past couple of days, poker wise. I had worked my bankroll up to an all time high. But tonight, that all came crashing down.

Well, I guess it's not all that bad. This isn't some post about going busto. I've still got a very workable bankroll. Tonight has just been my biggest downswing in a while, about 4 buyins. All at the hands of AK.

1st AK: Some guy who's Limp-Call stat was a perfect 100 decided to min raise preflop. He's only about 1\2 a buyin so I just shove. He instacalls with A9s. Flop comes 9 with 2 spades & I can't find a 2-outer.

2nd AK: Folds to button who had been stealing actively. I was feeling frisky so I just shove from the BB. Button shows AA. Not that it would have mattered since the flop came K-high anyways.

3rd AK: VERY next hand. MP raises, 2 callers, I don't have time to reload from the last one so I shove my last $40 in. MP shows AA. Fawk.

4th AK: UTG raises standard. I'm next and I decide to just call for a flop. Flop is KJ9. Bet, raise. Turn is a Q. Check, check. River is an A and he bets 1\2 pot. Can't fold, can I? I call, he shows JT.

It was just a perfect storm. I shove middle pair with nut flush draw into top 2 pair that boats on the turn. I flop top set on spade board after calling BB 3bet in position & call his shove needing to fade a 4th spade against AcQs. River is a spade. Blah blah, bad beats galore.

The good news is that I didn't let myself get tilted once. The bad news is that I let myself play like a donk the rest of the night & started spewing all night. I guess that sounds like tilt, but it's different in my head. I wasn't doing it because I was pissed or because I was in that "win it all back mode". I was doing it because I just didn't give a fuck anymore. I was trying to play hyper-aggressive tonight, but it was more like me being an ATM.

Anyways, it's time for bed. The downswing is close to $500. I think I might just shove my last $30 in randomly and call it a night. I don't know how much poker I'll be getting in this weekend, but I'll probably give myself some time to shake off tonight's losses & regroup on Monday. Have a good weekend everyone, and good luck to the donkeys in the ME.

P.S. My last $30 is gone after 22 < KK. Lame.

1 Comments:

At July 7, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Blogger RaisingCayne said...

Ewww... Sorry man! Best of luck with putting together a rebound from this downswing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home