Tuesday, March 18, 2008

This Post Is Lame

It's been quite the rollercoaster ride in the 10 days since I've last posted.

As recently as last Friday, I think, my bankroll was the highest it's been since my Party Poker days, and even that's not a completely honest statement because back on Party, I didn't really think of it as a "bankroll" in terms of sustainability. But either way, I had hit a peak. Of course, in order for something to be a peak, there has to be a valley nearby, right?

Let's put it this way: I have enough content on bad beats that I could probably start another blog just for that purpose. But someone else already has that market cornered, so I'll spare you the pathetic details. There were also plenty of times that I got my money in bad, but I blame that too on the aforementioned bad beats.

The good news is that I've been able to minimize my tilt (aside from the moment yesterday where I busted out of an early $26k MTT and proceeded to chuck my mouse at the wall. It'd been a while since I did that, and it felt damn good, especially when I realized I didn't break my mouse either) enough that I didn't get into my "win it all back" phase or play completely irrationally. So, thankfully, this isn't one of those posts where I lament about how I took a day off to play poker and instead burned through my bankroll in a blaze of ineptitude. However, it's sad to say that my bankroll is now back down to pre-Mookie levels, but that is mostly due to a withdrawal I had to take in order to pay the tax man. This was inevitable, and I'm just happy that I made enough in the past couple of months to cover that expense & still leave me with enough to continue playing until I can redeposit again sometime in the next couple of months.

Anyways, it might be another 10 days before you hear from me again. I'm going to spend some time going through the HHs of this weekend's games and look for leaks I need to plug. Despite the bad beats I suffered, I know that I misplayed several hands as well. Some adjustments are easy to make (like not calling a reraise all in with AJo early in a SNG), some are harder to make (like calling down with 4th pair instead of folding, especially after an opponent shows he had nothing but an missed draw).

Good luck to everyone donking it up in the BBT3. I might take a shot at a MATH or another Mookie next week, but I'll probably be absent for most of the events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home