Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Rockin' The Stud

I'm back. Back to online poker, that is.

I accidentally made a deposit back into Full Tilt. I was testing out the credit card option on ePassporte to see what fees I was up against. I clicked "Continue", thinking that I was going to get to a confirmation page. Instead, it just started processing. Well, since I had money in ePassporte, I figured "what the hell" and sent it to FTP.

I'm pleased to say that things have been going fairly well. I've increased my initial deposit by 50%, but if you include the token I won, I've doubled it. The first couple of games I was still working out the bugs, but I've been on a decent run lately:

$11 SNG - cashed 1\1 (1st)
$5.50 SNG (NL) - cashed 3\5 (1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd)
$5.50 SNG (7stud) - cashed 1\1 (1st)

I bumped up my stakes, because frankly, I know I'm good enough to take these down consistently. I don't need to be fucking around at the microstakes SnGs. Am I going to hit some downswings? Sure. But my recent results show that I can build my bankroll at these stakes.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Speaking of 7 Card Stud...does anyone else play this? It seems to be pretty unpopular, apparent by how long it takes just 1 SnG to fill up. I started playing around with other games, like Stud & Omaha, about a year ago, and I've seemed to do fairly well in 7 Stud (as exhibited by my takedown of The Dookie a couple of months ago). I might get around to posting some of my strategy thoughts on 7 Stud, but first, I'm curious to know if I'm the only one playing this anymore.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Tonight is the Mookie. Again, I won't be playing it, just live blogging it. I might try to play next week, or sometime soon. It also looks like fellow blogger Buddydank is putting up a live, streaming broadcast of The Mookie from his point of view. Perhaps a little competition? I'm bringin my A game tonight.

5 Comments:

At May 30, 2007 at 3:57 PM, Blogger Kerri Miller said...

I play a lot of stud.. omaha.. razz. The "unpopular" games have a fair bit of juicey goodness to them. Omaha is a drawer's paradise, and Razz seems to be one of those games that most people can't figure out how to play..

 
At May 30, 2007 at 6:10 PM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Excuse me, 7 what? :) Just kidding. Actually love the other games as well. Your strategy post would be very much appreciated since the only reason I don't play is because I know I'll be donking around...

 
At May 31, 2007 at 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job with the live-blogging last night. Thanks!

 
At May 31, 2007 at 12:56 PM, Blogger Buddy Dank said...

Yeah I started my broadcast with the intention of starting a little something with you but I was struggling like no other to even keep everything running and to keep playing. I'll be more prepared next time and kick it up a notch. BAM!

 
At May 31, 2007 at 2:05 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

7-Stud is an old timer's game, but I love to play, especially live for baby stakes (I know how little I actually know about the game). Online, the tournaments take FOREVER to fill up, largely because they are limit and most SNG junkies want a quick NL game.

I've actually tried to play in those 7Stud SNGs on FT a lot lately, but there is usually just one guy sitting there. Have you thought about trying the cash games?

And def post some 7 Stud strategy if you get a chance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home