Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Live Bloggin, Bankrollin, & More

Just got back from vacation - a whirlwind of a trip that took us through Seaside & Bend, Oregon, and San Francisco, Santa Cruz, and Napa Valley, California. For anyone interested, I'm doing a recap of the trip on my other, more personal blog "Nothing Special, Really".

I've been almost three weeks away from anything that resembles poker (except for the US Poker Championship episodes I caught while on vacation), and it's been very refreshing. I've taken breaks before, but even during the breaks, I was still thinking about poker, still trying to scratch that poker itch with something else, but nothing was working. This time, I didn't start thinking about poker until the drive back to Seattle yesterday.

So now it's time to start getting back into poker. I haven't really thought about how I'm going to go about this, but my emphasis will be on building an online bankroll. That itself is kind of tricky since the state of online poker is still shaky at best, so I'm not looking to build some massive bankroll, just something that's enough to keep me playing. Of course, this means that I'll be starting at the micro levels SnGs, but I still intend to squeeze in a couple of tournaments and a couple of blogger games too.

Finally, starting with tonight's game, I'll be handling the live blogging duties for Mookie for the next several weeks. Of course, I'd rather be playing instead of live blogging, but since I'm trying to build a bankroll from scratch, I won't really have an opportunity to play. The Mookie is the only blogger game I've every played (aside from the Hammer Day event) because it's been the most convenient for me, but any time I've played it's been a great time. Plus, I blogged the game once before, and knowing how hard it can be to keep up, I viewed this as an opportunity to help out a fellow blogger (although I consider myself to be more of a fringe blogger at best) and still somehow contribute to this blogging community, since I'm sure my blog itself is hardly exciting.

I am trying to look for ways to spice up the live blog, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know. I'll try to incorporate some screenshots and maybe change the format a little bit, but I'm open to ideas.

3 Comments:

At May 2, 2007 at 4:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How about pictures that truly represent the players...

Like Waffles for Sirwafffle man.

Or a bottle of Soco for Alcanthang.

Otis could be represented by a dead liver.

Mookie could be represented by the Photoshop Icon

 
At May 2, 2007 at 6:58 PM, Blogger jjok said...

good luck 2nite!

 
At May 3, 2007 at 8:28 AM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Just wanted to stop by and say great job on the live blog last night. I just read it and it was very nice! Very funny too. And FYI, the last hand, all the money was in the pot preflop so I was ahead... :) (that's a joke cuz I almost knew I wasn't gonna outplay my opponent)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home