Monday, January 21, 2008

A Good Start

The stakes aren't very brag-worthy, but a win is a win:
















I won't go into a full report, just some short notes:

1. Had about 5-6 KOs total in addition to 1st place.
2. Finished in just over 2 hours.
3. Only big pairs were AA & JJ - had AK at least 5x, AQ about 2x.
4. As probably expected, the players were absolutely atrocious. Some were absolute call stations, others were limping UTG then folding when a shortstack pushes for less than a minraise!

I played tight until I could amass a stack and then loosened up a bit to acquire some more chips. My stack varied considerably, and I really only survived by picking up onthe tight players and abusing them with aggression. I hung around as a mid stack at the final table until I flopped trips on a checked BB to triple up. From there, it was mostly riding rivered nut flushes & flopped straights to victory.

My deposit came through on Tuesday and since then, I've already doubled it. Plus, I was able to get in some MTT play as well. Let's hope this is just the first of many successes this year.

3 Comments:

At January 21, 2008 at 6:44 AM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Like you said, win is a win. Nice work!

 
At January 21, 2008 at 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

 
At January 22, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Nice job, Matt. It may not be a ton of money, but not only is a win a win, but 24 times your buyin (not counting bounties won) is itself a big score no matter what the stakes. Very well done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home