Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Slowly But Surely

I wish I had more exciting news, but the bankroll challenge has been slow. I'm still above the $300 mark and slowly inching closer to $500, but there's still a lot of work to be done. It's a slow process right now, considering the most I can profit from any one table is $17.50. I'd need about 11 consecutive victories to get to $500 as soon as possible. I don't think I've won 11 consecutive SNGs ever in my life. The point is: trying to increase my bankroll at these stakes is a long, arduous process. That's not news to me, though, and I'm willing to stay patient and continue to grind it out.

Of course, there are other ways to accelerate the bankroll challenge. I could try to multi-table. Every once in a while, I'll run two tables simultaneously. Not only is that the most my computer can handle, it's the most I can handle. I don't have any stats to prove it, but I can assure you that I'm less successful even multi-tabling two games. I'm usually fine as long as both tables are full. However, if both tables get down to heads-up at the same time, it gets a little more challenging. It's not that I can't multi-table, it's just that I don't prefer to. But I know that my time will be more productive if I can play a couple games concurrently, so it's still something I'm trying to work on.

Last night, I tried to work up the bankroll via a 90 person SNG. I took one of these down a couple months back fairly easily. A victory turns $5 into $112.50, the equivalent of about 6.5 single table victories. But, I went out on the bubble when I pushed AK into an UTG raise. I felt his range was 77-AA, AT-AK. I'm a coinflip against most, and combined with the fold equity, this was an easy decision for me, even on the bubble. I could've folded and snuck into the cash, but I wasn't interested in an $8.10 payout. I wanted the top 3 stack and a chance at the big payout. UTG makes the call with QQ. He flops a set on a 3-diamond board, and I can't find another diamond to 4-flush him. It's always disappointing to bust out of a MTT with no cash, but I'm not concerned with the small cashes anymore. I'm looking for the victories & the huge payouts, and I'm content knowing that I busted out making the right play.

This will probably be my last post for the week. I'll probably find some time to play tonight, but after that, I'm taking a short break. I got a birthday coming up on Thursday, the big 29. The girlfriend is taking me to some unknown destination Thursday night, and we'll return on Saturday to host the BBQ throwdown known as Matturday. I'll be back on Monday - I'm treating myself to a day off from work, where I'll try to follow in the footsteps of these donks and see if I can turn a day off into a big score. GL at the tables, everyone!

2 Comments:

At August 16, 2007 at 7:18 PM, Blogger RaisingCayne said...

I too find anything more than two tables at a time is too much. And I LOVE the 90 seat SnGs at FullTilt. I feel the deepstack structure provides more 'play,' and helps to thin out the donkeys from the field. And you are best off playing this 'for the top 3' than you are just 'to cash.'

Continued good luck with your bankroll! And happy early birthday! Have a good weekend.

 
At August 17, 2007 at 1:36 PM, Blogger Schaubs said...

Have a good birthday dude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home