Monday, July 30, 2007

A Serious Question For Serious Players

(edit: The question I pose is all the way down at the bottom. Feel free to scroll down if you like.)

I'm back in business! I didn't address this last week, but some of you may have noticed that my posts were going up pretty late. For some reason, my workplace's internet filter started blocking access to blogger. First, I wasn't able to sign in nor view comments on blogs. Then, it started blocking some blogs but giving me access to view others. Based on who it blocked, I'm wondering if it was due to how these blogs were rated. Anyways, it made posting and comments very difficult. I tend to write and post at work, so instead, I had to email then post at home. Plus, any comments I would make would post well after the discussion has ended.

But today, everything is back to normal...for now at least.

Otherwise, not much to talk about poker wise. I jumped up a little bit more on the bankroll challenge. I was close to taking down a 2 person SNG for a decent profit, sitting as a big chipleader with 3 to go. I made one mistake and doubled up someone with QQ. Down to about 9xBB, I pushed with ATo. Button limper calls 2\3rds his stack with Q6 soooted. 6 on turn. Hooray! Anyway, I doubt I'll play any more of these these 2-table SNGs. 1st place is about $13 more than a 1 table, but it means 9 more donks to sift through.

I played a couple more games and did something I haven't done in a while - go out on the first hand. KJ sooted was no good against AA on a J high board. GG me. At this point, I felt myself playing like I knew I shouldn't. So, I fired up one more, composed myself, and took down another SNG to make a small profit for the night.

Finally, I wanted to get some thoughts on what kind of programs are available that help track my play. I'm going to take a look at a couple, but I'm more curious to hear about what other bloggers think. I know that some of you donks use these kind of things, but I'm more interested in something that will help track my play on SNGs. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Good luck to those playing the MATH tonight - hope to see you there myself soon!

2 Comments:

At July 30, 2007 at 2:22 PM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Pokertracker tracks SNG results as well as hand histories as well. But there might be better software out there for SNGs.

 
At July 30, 2007 at 2:29 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Shit I am blocked now! WOO HOO! I have arrived! I think it only blocks popular blogs that it knows are about gambling.. the less popular ones do not get blocked.. thats my story and I am keeping to it..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home