Thursday, June 21, 2007

I'm Afraid To Post Anymore

Seriously. Not that I'm a believer in any kind of karmic retribution or anything like that, but I'm afraid to post anymore. I'm running pretty good lately, good for my standards. I'm not running Main Event good or Venetian good, I'm just running $5 SNG good. I'm afraid to say that I've turned some kind of corner or that I'm a better player. But I am on some kind of roll right now. My big pairs are holding up, my reads are spot on, and I'm making the right plays at the right time.

Perhaps my donkish play in the Mookie was just what I needed. I don't have the data to cite exact figures right now, but my best guess is since last week's Mookie, I've played somewhere between 9-13 SNGs. I've cashed in all but two I believe, maybe three. I've finished 1st in at least 6 of them, maybe more. I'll correct these stats later, but this is probably the best I've run in a long time.

It reminds me of how I was running 2 years ago or more. The good ol' Party Poker days. Back then, I was playing way out of my bankroll, but it didn't really matter at the time. I was no sng machine, but I held my own. I used to focus on $22 & $33 SnGs, and it just always seemed like I was cashing all the time. I didn't keep any statistics, but I know that I was able to count on poker for a little bit of supplemental income at the time.

Alas, things have changed since then. I've gone through a transformation of sorts, a revision of my poker skills. I've torn my confidence down and I've begun to slowly build it back up. I don't know if I'm necessarily a better poker player than I was before. More knowledgable, yes, but I'm still trying to build back those other skills one needs. Confidence. Aggressiveness. Clarity. I'm getting there though, and even though I'm still at the $5 level, the results are starting to show this.

Part of me wants to move up in stakes, even just to the $10 level, but my current bankroll can't support it. I know that part of my success is that I'm playing against players who, for the most part, are not as good or as successful as I am (which isn't saying a whole lot). I feel like I'm getting to the point where I'm getting bored, hence the desire to move up to different stakes. But I'm made that jump before, and it was the wrong choice. So I'll stick out here in the $5 games for a while. Based on my results recently, that can't be a bad thing.

Let's just hope the poker gods don't read this.

2 Comments:

At June 21, 2007 at 12:53 PM, Blogger Fuel55 said...

"Let's just hope the poker gods don't read this."

Does Waffles count?

 
At June 21, 2007 at 9:40 PM, Blogger jjok said...

Poker Gods read everything. Always. It's what they do.

Let's hope they give you a reprieve.....

hhaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home