Friday, June 15, 2007

An Abundance Of Linkage

Thanks to RecessRampage & TripJax for your comments to my last post. I'm over my Mookie mistake. It definitely wasn't the worst move or the worst call I've ever made, it's just not the type of call I should be making at this stage. But I've recovered, and in a good way too. 4 SnGs, 3 cashes, 2 1st places. Only non cash was a bubble bad beat with QQ vs AK. My confidence is coming back.
____________________________________________________________________________

Props to Jordan for his victory yesterday and a nice cash of over $3k. Congrats man, it's well deserved. He's got a recap post up now, and I can't help but envy his feelings about his cash. It's been just over a year since my last big cash, and I have to admit that I'm a little bit jealous. All in due time, though, all in due time. Anyways, thanks for providing additional motivation to call in sick to work more often.
____________________________________________________________________________

Waffles put up an interesting post. No, I'm not talking about that one. This one. He mentioned some problems with ePassporte and their withdrawals to bank accounts. I encountered this on Wednesday night, and I called ePassporte to see what the problem was. Surprisingly, I got through fairly quickly, and they told me it was a techinical problem with their ACH processor. He told me to try again in 24 hours. Based on his concise explanation, I wasn't too bothered by this, and didn't really believe it was some backlash from the UIGEA. This morning, I tried the withdrawal again, and it said it was successful. I still have to wait about a week to see the funds, so I'm keeping fingers crossed, but I personally believe that it was a legitimate techinical issue that's been resolved.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Hoy put up an interesting post today as well. Perhaps it's a little tilt-induced, but I think it's a great post about his views on some of tendencies of other bloggers. It'll be interesting to see the responses he gets. I'm sure any blogger would be welcome to suggestions on improving their play, and Hoy is one of the more respected bloggers around (rightfully so). But I can also see why some of the targets might be bothered by the post; I'm not quite sure what the intent was behind it. BloggerDrama, anyone?
______________________________________________________________________________

I've got an idea for a recurring theme that I'm going to start incorporating into my blog. I think I'll start next week, so be on the lookout for that. I think it'll bring something new to the pokerblog scene, in an old sort of way. What does that mean? Tune in next Friday to find out.

1 Comments:

At June 15, 2007 at 4:57 PM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Matt,
I sent you an email so hopefully, you now have my address. Feel free to bounce off ideas anytime. I'd be happy to discuss any hands or just random stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home