Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Damn Anna Kournikova

Played my 2nd Mookie tonight, with much better results. I knew it was gonna be a good night when I covered my buy in with one pot in .10\.25 O8. It's always nice to triple up when you flop & turn the nuts with no low possibilities. Luckily, I didn't get a flush sucked out on me.

You know what that means, right? Freeroll!

Things started off pretty sweet with 7 of my 20 hands containing pocket pairs. I limp-called with TT UTG but had to hold to two overcards on the flop. Won 3 of my first 5 hands with 88, AJ, and the hammer. Lookin good so far.

Took down a lot of hands with just aggression and patience. Raised preflop with Q9o and took down the pot when the only caller min bet then folded to my raise with just middle pair.

First big hand was vs TripJax. He raises from the CO 2.5x and I call with T8o. Not the best hand, but I think I've got live cards so I call:

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to mclarich [8c Th]
Obie315 folds
wwonka69 folds
Patchmaster folds
lightning36 folds
patryn21 folds
TripJax raises to 150
OtisDart folds
chipperdh folds
mclarich calls 90
*** FLOP *** [Jh 6s 4s]
mclarich checks
TripJax checks

I think about betting out here to steal the pot but I decide to save my chips. But then he checks behind me, and I'm thinking I can steal this pot later.

*** TURN *** [Jh 6s 4s] [Kh]
mclarich bets 180
TripJax calls 180

I decide to take a stab at when the K hits, and to my chagrin he calls. I'm pretty much done with this pot.

*** RIVER *** [Jh 6s 4s Kh] [Td]
mclarich checks
TripJax bets 325
mclarich has 15 seconds left to act
mclarich calls 325

He leads out with a 1\2 pot size bet. How did the T help him? Did he hit two pair? I don't think he's got AQ. Or does he have a busted flush draw and is trying to steal the pot? Yeah, that makes sense. Let's call

*** SHOW DOWN ***
TripJax shows [As Tc] (a pair of Tens)
mclarich mucks
TripJax wins the pot (1,340) with a pair of Tens
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1,340 Rake 0
Board: [Jh 6s 4s Kh Td]
Seat 1: mclarich (big blind) mucked [8c Th] - a pair of Tens
Seat 7: TripJax showed [As Tc] and won (1,340) with a pair of Tens

So much for that. Should've bet the flop.

A couple hands later I get a break. Folds to me on the CO and I raise my standard with JJ. Last week's leader, wwonka69 calls. Flop comes T high and I bet just less than the pot. He pushes and it's time to take a stand. Luckily it's a race against AK and I'm able to double up. I reward him by linking his blog.

I sit tight as the good cards go to everyone else for about ten hands. It folds to me with KJo. As I've been doing, if it folds to me, I'm raising. Only iam23skiddo calls from the BB:

Dealt to mclarich [Kc Js]
TripJax folds
DuggleBogey: Fool!
iam23skidoo: hey fuel
OtisDart folds
chipperdh folds
mclarich raises to 300
csquard: how goes it, fuel?
csquard folds
surflexus (Observer): whassup 55?
DuggleBogey folds
lightning36 folds
iam23skidoo calls 200
*** FLOP *** [As 9h 3d]
iam23skidoo checks
mclarich checks

Fuck this flop.

*** TURN *** [As 9h 3d] [Kd]
iam23skidoo bets 300
mclarich raises to 900
iam23skidoo calls 600

I hit my card and he decides to lead out. Now, if I've got a big hand, like AK or 99, there's not much of a reason to bet the flop. So I act like I have a big hand. If anything, I take control of the pot.

*** RIVER *** [As 9h 3d Kd] [6c]
iam23skidoo checks
mclarich bets 800
Fuel55 (Observer): the usual
iam23skidoo folds
Uncalled bet of 800 returned to mclarich
mclarich mucks
mclarich wins the pot (2,450)
Fuel55 (Observer): missed the start

Good fold.

I wonder why everyone's talking about Fuel55 like he's there. I just now realized that I must have observer chat turned off.

Fold AhJh UTG. Not going out with Ace junk again in EP again. Although it was sooted....

Steal with KTo. It is nice. I like.

Raise in MP with presto. Get two callers, have to fold to all overcards.

Again with the AhJh UTG. Fine, I'll play it but I'm just limping. Of course it gets raised and called preflop. Fine, I'll call:

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to mclarich [Jh Ah]
mclarich calls 160
csquard folds
mookie99 folds
DuggleBogey folds
lightning36 raises to 480
iam23skidoo calls 480
TripJax folds
Berglar folds
chipperdh folds
mclarich calls 320
*** FLOP *** [9d Jc 7c]
mclarich checks
(out of position, I'll check it to ya)

lightning36 checks
(preflop raiser checks it? Your AK is no good now)

iam23skidoo bets 800
(why so big? I think I got you:)
mclarich raises to 1,600
lightning36 folds
iam23skidoo calls 782, and is all in
mclarich shows [Jh Ah]
iam23skidoo shows [5c 5d]
Uncalled bet of 18 returned to mclarich

(Booyah. Now just hold up)

*** TURN *** [9d Jc 7c] [3h]
*** RIVER *** [9d Jc 7c 3h] [2s]
mclarich shows a pair of Jacks
iam23skidoo shows a pair of Fives
mclarich wins the pot (4,844) with a pair of Jacks
mookie99: gg
csquard: gg brian
iam23skidoo stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4,844 Rake 0
Board: [9d Jc 7c 3h 2s]
Seat 1: mclarich showed [Jh Ah] and won (4,844) with a pair of Jacks
Seat 6: iam23skidoo showed [5c 5d] and lost with a pair of Fives

At this point I'm in the top 5 in chips. Dugglebogey's the leader and he's just spitting aggression. So much so that I fold AKo in the BB to his raise. A questionable move, but I've got no need to risk chips against the leader right now.

Steal some blinds with AK, QT, keeping my stack fresh.

Call one of DuggleBogey's raises with KQh in the BB. Flop doesn't hit me but it's all low cards with two spades, so I lead out. He comes back with 3k. Damnit, take it.

Finally, my first big pair, KK. Raise it 3x from the CO again. You think I'm stealing, don't ya. Go ahead, push it in shortstack:

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to mclarich [Ks Kh]
lightning36 folds
NumbBono folds
chipperdh folds
mclarich raises to 720
csquard raises to 1,728
(fine, keep your two chips, but your AQ is no good)
mookie99 folds
DuggleBogey folds
mclarich calls 1,008
*** FLOP *** [3c Ah 4h]
mclarich checks
(fuck, your AQ is good)
csquard bets 2, and is all in
mclarich calls 2
(getting odds, gotta call)
csquard shows [Th Jh]
(I'm ahead, but fuck this flush draw shit. Come on black!)
csquard: fold
mclarich shows [Ks Kh]

*** TURN *** [3c Ah 4h] [Qh]
(Damn you that isn't black!)

*** RIVER *** [3c Ah 4h Qh] [6h]
(swwwweeeeeetttttt!)
csquard: sweet
csquard shows a flush, Ace high
mclarich shows a flush, Ace high
mclarich wins the pot (3,995) with a flush, Ace high
csquard: not sweet
DuggleBogey: ouch
csquard stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3,995 Rake 0
Board: [3c Ah 4h Qh 6h]
Seat 1: mclarich showed [Ks Kh] and won (3,995) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 2: csquard (button) showed [Th Jh] and lost with a flush, Ace high

Now I've got some chips, let's do some damage.

Call a shorty with KT off, check it down with Duggle and I river a T to beat his middle pair.

Get moved to a new table, and immediately I take out a shortstack with A6o. Stack is big enough to try and be aggressive, but Budohorseman throws his shortstack in with 44 and my Q9o can't connect.

Steal a couple blinds with Kcrap, keeping the stack healthy.

I start to go card dead at the wrong time: a short handed table with a bunch of shortstack pushers. I could start playing with aggression but my stack is big enough that I can afford to wait.

I end the 2nd break 3rd in chips. Things are looking good.

First hand after the break and I get 77 in the BB. NumbBono raises to 1750 on the button. Is this a steal attempt? He's barely got me covered but I'm going to force him to make a decision. He calls with his AK and the flop is no good for me. I'm out in a respectable 12th, not bad for a 2nd timer, but the way I played tonight...it should have been more.

Oh well, at least it was a freeroll for me!

4 Comments:

At January 25, 2007 at 12:09 PM, Blogger Fuel55 said...

People always talk about me dude.

 
At January 26, 2007 at 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you could join us again, thanks for playing in The Mookie.

 
At January 26, 2007 at 3:24 PM, Blogger Schaubs said...

Maybe we'll hit up the WSOP in 2010 together... I might be ready by then. Thanks for the comment, althought it felt kinda back handed... no worries though, Luck is necessary to win that tourney (actually any) for sure.

 
At February 9, 2007 at 1:54 AM, Blogger CC said...

Justice will prevail one of these days (meaning my donkey plays surely will hold up eventually...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home