Monday, January 22, 2007

Is It Better To Burn Out Or To Fade Away?

My days of playing online poker are coming to a close, quickly. It's amazing to see how much things have changed in a week.

I looked into the last two viable transfer options, ePassporte and Click2Pay. Neither one makes much sense to me. ePassporte has too many fees involved (I haven't fully investigated it yet, but based on the article at Pokerworks, it seems like too many) so I doubt I'll be using them. As for Click2Pay, for some reason my router makes my IP address look like it's from outside the U.S. So I'd have to unplug my router and connect to my PC each time I use their service, and that seems awfully annoying. Plus, it's my understanding that they aren't accepting new U.S. accounts anyways.

So that means it looks like my $50 deposit on Full Tilt last Wednesday will be my last deposit for a while. In a way, this isn't all that bad. It's probably best for me, financially-speaking, to limit my online poker playing, and not being able to deposit more money will certainly achieve that. Additionally speaking, if I do want to continue playing online poker, I'll have to make that $50 deposit stretch (now $53.80 thanks to some sweet flops in .10-.25 PLO HL).

Anyways, considering the worst-case scenario of failing to cash in any more events, this is what I intend to play in the next couple of days:

1\24 - The Mookie ($11)
2\7 - The Mookie Hammer Day Event ($7.90)
At least 1 large field MTT ($11)
At least 2 multi-table SnGs ($11)
At least 2 1-Table SnGs ($11)

That brings me to a total of $51.20. Then I'll probably put the final $2.60 in something like .02-.05 PLO. If I cash in any of those then I'll figure it out from there.

Otherwise, it looks like my foray into online poker will be coming to an end. Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At January 27, 2007 at 12:55 AM, Blogger Schaubs said...

my advice is to turn off the tv and grind it out. GL man. keep the focus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home